Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2nd time 1st paragraph

As I awoke to the sound of gunfire, it didn't scare me.  That is because I'm used to doing this.  Usually the police are unaware of these, but everyone else is.  As I slowly roused myself from my deep sleep, I thought that this day would not be wasted.  You see, today would be my last day in country as I had just recently completed boot camp and I was eager to get into combat.  But an old Vietnam era lieutenant told me that, "When you're not in combat, you want to get some of it.  But when you finally get into it, you wonder why you're there and want out."  I didn't think that this advice would actually apply to me, but that wasn't the only thing I would be wrong about today...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex,
    I'm glad that you went over and corrected the spelling and other things. ( I read your story in class and I hope that you'll continue using the action-y, descriptive nouns, verbs, and adjectives.) I know this isn't exactly the praise-question-polish format but I wanted to say that these changes are good.

    ReplyDelete